Ga naar inhoud

electrical problem

Igor
 Delen

Aanbevolen berichten

hello, last weekend I changed the tires on my vfr, put the battery and drove some 50 km, the next day I start normally but after some 5 km the Honda shuts down and has only contact lights, the key does not light, I look at the fuses, the angle sensor fuse blown , I change it, the engine starts normally and works, I drive 2 km to the gas station and when I get to it it goes off again, again the same fuse, I change it again to go back to the garage but after 2 km it burns out again, I change the fuse I turn the key the contact lights up briefly and then everything goes off, nothing works anymore, not even the clock, everything is dead, I look at the fuses all correct, as if I have no battery, everything is dead, I connect the cables to a friend's car, nothing, not even the clock started, maybe someone had a similar experience

aangepast door MichelDB
Verplaatst vanuit voorstellen
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Probably the main fuse is blown (short-circuit). The question is what causes it?    (I don't think it's in the tires :coolsmiley: ;))

I think you have to check the wiring. (That's no suprise to you I guess).

I'm sorry: can't help you with that......to little knowledge of the electrical system. 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

and I suspect moisture in the contacts, not in the tires😁, the motorcycle has been standing outside in Croatia for 3 years😥 and never had any problems, it has been standing in the garage in the Netherlands for the last year, rain entered the garage and moisture remained because it was not opened (cause moisture) the only thing that worries me is why now vfr no longer shows any signs of life

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

As Eric said, main fuse is blown. You can find it at the right side of the bike on top of the starter relais. One of the main causes of this fuse to blow is a malfunction of the rectifier regulator.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

unfortunately I didn't look at the fuse starter relay, I looked at the box with small fuses where the tilt sensor fuse and the big green 30 A located especially outside the box, maybe burned out on the starter relay, unfortunately I can look in 1-2 weeks because I live in Zwijendrecht and Honda is in the garage in Axl (Zeeland)

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

1 uur geleden, Eric zei:

At least you know where to look.....   

Good luck!

I hope that's just it😄, thank you for your help

5 uren geleden, vroembert zei:

As Eric said, main fuse is blown. You can find it at the right side of the bike on top of the starter relais. One of the main causes of this fuse to blow is a malfunction of the rectifier regulator.

I hope that's just it😄, thank you for your help

• Like 2
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Delen

• Maak een account aan of meld je aan om een opmerking te plaatsen

Je moet lid zijn om een opmerking te kunnen plaatsen of meer topics te kunnen zien

• Nieuwe aanmaken...